Aker BioMarine - Packaging Manager
Aker BioMarine is a leading biotechnology company developing krill-derived products for consumer health and wellness and animal nutrition. The company has a strong position in its industry.
In Aker BioMarine we believe in a world where everyone has access to quality nutrition and good health without compromising the planet.
We are looking for more people like us, who believe they can make a difference in the world.
We are about 580 employees globally, with more than 30 nationalities, spread across all time zones and most continents. Together, we form an international, high performing, diverse and fun work environment.
Working with us means you appreciate diversity, are highly skilled within your field and can cope with unexpected situations. You enjoy a fast pace, tolerate quick decisions and continuously ongoing changes. You are a true team player who “chips in” when the situation requires so.
Aker BioMarine wishes to strengthen the company’s inhouse competency on product packaging solutions, to ensure that the company makes packaging a competitive advantage. The position will be responsible for ensuring that the packaging needs in the company’s value chain is met. The candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a packaging policy and program within the company.
We are looking for a person with a strong technical background from working with packaging within relevant areas such as pharma-, nutraceutical- and/or the food industry. The role will be expected to provide expert technical leadership with regards to packaging materials. While having a technical background the candidate should have experience from- or strong interest in taking a role to drive the packaging strategy within the company, with a focus on sustainability, quality, innovation, compliance and cost. Here in working with value chain partners, industry and other external stakeholders to define packaging concepts that fulfills the packaging needs of the future.
Key responsibilities for the position:
- Develop and manage AKBM’s program for product packaging
- Ensure and maintain compliance for all product packaging
- Identify market needs together with sales, marketing and innovation
- Develop sustainable and innovative packaging solutions
- Identify efficiency and cost saving initiatives for primary and secondary packaging
- Establish and maintain packaging specifications
- Suggest / review packaging proposals for new products
- Work with stakeholders to ensure suitability of packaging across all phases of use
- Ensure the company is in the front on relevant areas such as compliance, sustainability and new trends within the packaging space
- Support the AKBM technical team in packing solutions and provide insight into new trends, developments within the area
- Follow up and manage external packaging partners
- Follow up and manage packaging initiatives with suppliers together with sourcing
- Technical support on packing, packaging and transport- and storage safety for internal and external stakeholders
- Lead root cause analysis and corrective action implementation for packaging related challenges
- Takes responsibility, self-going
- Open minded and positive
- Flexible and reliable
- Good business mindset
- Master’s degree or higher education within relevant areas, such as technical or innovative packaging work, material science or related subjects. Extensive work experience can replace the requirement for higher education.
- Fluent English, spoken and written
- Technical background to be confident in communication regarding packaging related topics
- Global experience within the packaging space, established network is a plus
The Packaging Manager will work at our head offices at Fornebu, Norway. International travel will be required to some extent.
For more information about the position or process, please contact Kristin Takseth-Lockert (+47 99 44 90 95).
Please send us your cover letter and resume here: https://akerbiomarine.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=103&source=aWQ9OQ%3D%3D
About Aker BioMarine
Aker BioMarine develops krill-based bioactive ingredients for use in the nutraceutical, aquaculture and animal feed market. Its fully traceable value chain stretches from sustainable krill harvesting operations in Antarctica through the logistics hub in Montevideo to its state-of-the-art factory in Houston and all the way to its customers around the world. Aker BioMarine is a subsidiary of Aker ASA.
is a pure form of omega-3s that are more easily absorbed by the human body, providing health benefits, including boosting heart, brain, and joint health.
is a functional feed ingredient for shrimp, marine fish, and salmonids, increasing productivity in aquaculture - through improved growth, health and quality.
is a functional ingredient for pet nutrition with documented health benefits for companion animals. Proven in numerous studies to benefit pet health, the omega-3s help maintain the health of the heart, kidneys, liver, joints, brain, eyes, skin and coat.
What you can expect from working in Aker BioMarine:
You can expect hard work and a lot of fun and challenges. In return we promise you will be part of an exciting journey. If you show initiative and desire for more responsibility, we will give it to you and support you along the way. We strongly believe that our team of people want to do their best. All in the spirit of being the leading company in our industry and always striving to raise the bar.