ISTA Request for Proposals on Single Parcel Shipping Research Extended
A significant amount of effort has been expended in the past to characterize the handling of the high-volume package types, weights and sizes that go through the single parcel shipping channels. However, these projects have been scoped to address potential gaps that exist in ISTA 3A, Packaged-Products for Parcel Delivery System Shipment.
- Parts 1 and 2 involve the collection of field data in the single parcel shipping environment and offering recommendations on potential improvements to ISTA 3A with focus in the following areas.
- Part 1 - Measuring the effect of packaged-product size and weight on the drop heights experienced.
- Part 2 - Measuring the dynamic compression forces experienced due to the combination of stacking and vibration.
- Parts 3 and 4 relate to testing methodology development as is felt that the technique and tools required to conduct these studies are not currently defined or validated.
- Part 3 - Develop a methodology to measure the effect of packaged-product dimensions on the flexing forces experienced.
- Part 4 - Develop a methodology to measure the effect of packaged-product dimensions on the concentrated loading / impacts.
NOTE: There are four different RFPs (0006 A-D) associated with this project. If you will be submitting multiple proposals, they must be separate documents and your cover letter should indicate any pricing reduction based on increased efficiencies, lower overhead, etc. of being awarded multiple Parts and the impact on timing, if any.
Click here for the full RFP-0006A
Click here for the full RFP-0006B
Click here for the full RFP-0006C
Click here for the full RFP-0006D