ISTA is now seeking bids on their Single Parcel Shipping Environment Research Project
However, these projects have been scoped to address potential gaps that exist in ISTA 3A, Packaged-Products for Parcel Delivery System Shipment.
There are four different RFPs (0006 A-D) associated with this project. If you will be submitting multiple proposals, they must be separate documents and your cover letter should indicate any pricing reduction based on increased efficiencies, lower overhead, etc. of being awarded multiple Parts and the impact on timing, if any.
- Parts 1 and 2 involve the collection of field data in the single parcel shipping environment and offering recommendations on potential improvements to ISTA 3A with focus in the following areas.
- Part 1 - Measuring the effect of packaged-product size and weight on the drop heights experienced.
- Part 2 - Measuring the dynamic compression forces experienced due to the combination of stacking and vibration.
- Parts 3 and 4 relate to testing methodology development as is felt that the technique and tools required to conduct these studies are not currently defined or validated.
- Part 3 - Develop a methodology to measure the effect of packaged-product dimensions on the flexing forces experienced.
- Part 4 - Develop a methodology to measure the effect of packaged-product dimensions on the concentrated loading / impacts.
Click here to find the four RFP's https://ista.org/advocate_research_value_deli.php#RFP0006